Monday, February 14, 2011

Do you launch a blog with champagne?

 This is the official launch of my design blog "Southern ~ Design ~ Style." My name is Debbie and you will find out more about me as we go along and I hope you will post on my blog, so I can find out more about YOU!
I confess….I am a design junkie! I have been one for more years than I want to admit. Because of that fact, I have been working as an interior designer to indulge my habit! I live in North Georgia near Atlanta where there are amazing design, architectural and style resources. I also live, lust and obsess over all things Southern!
Why start a design blog? To me I feel like it will be more like an on-line journal of my experiences with design. Whether I am working with clients, participating in my design group, touring a showhouse, reading magazines, books or other design blogs or attending markets or design programs, there are always “take aways and ah ha moments” waiting to be recorded or shared.
Interior Design is an experience that we feel visually and emotionally. It is part of our personal lifestyle and is always evolving at different stages in our lives. I feel that writing a blog is like working as a designer with a client. It is an ongoing relationship.  It is an adventure that you set out on together looking for inspirations and solutions.
We will discover new things about design, style and being from the South as I find my way around in the blog world. We may take some detours where I will ramble about my family, friends and my dog. But I promise that I will try not to bore you!
So join me on the path for this journey……….


No comments:

Post a Comment