Thursday, December 22, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things!


One of my favorite things about Christmas are the many memories that I experience when I get out the holiday decorations. Each thing I take out of the packing boxes makes me think of a time, a place, or a person. This is part of the joy of Christmas. To be able to walk through my home and enjoy seeing these special reminders. As the count down to Christmas approaches, I thought I would share with you some of my favorite things!


This is my first Nativity Scene that I received  as a gift from my Mother when I moved out on my own.


 A dear friend gave him to me and he sure is handy when my sweet tooth kicks in!


Isn't he cute!


These were from a special florist that was in our town when I was a little girl. Mother use to keep candy canes in them.


I have always loved the "Little Drummer Boy" and that is what this music box plays.


Another dear friend gave me this charmer and he holds a tea light.


This is one of my most special things. My Father gave it to me the Christmas that I was five. It plays Silent Night.


My husband gave me this snow globe. It is one of the first ones in our collection.


This one always reminds me of our little Jack Russell that passed away in April. It is from the book "Olive the other Reindeer."


My maternal Grandmother knitted the two stockings on the bottom.


These two young ladies (now all grown up) were not to impressed with Santa!
He probably wasn't to impressed with them either!


This is my grandson Jake. He is really concentrating on what he wants to tell Santa!


This picture and the one at the top is of our Baby tree. The angel ornaments were on a tree in my room when I was little. The silver pieces are all things that were used by my daughter, husband and myself when we were babies. The tree skirt is my christening coat.



I bought our first artifical tree when my daughter was 16. She was not to happy with me that we didn't have a real tree that year. Several years ago it finally started showing its age! We decided to not get another tree, but I really wanted to display our many ornaments. This was the solution!




Dorothy, the lion, the tin man and the scarecrow were all made by my mother!


A very dear friend was never really fond of a pair of schnauzer we use to have. But she must have like this pair she gave me one Christmas.  I certainly do!


Two very special people gave me these little squirrels!


My daughter made the ornament on the left and I made the one on the right. There are several others that we made on here.


My Father and Grandfather were both Cadillac dealers, so of course we had to have a pink one!


Got to support the red and black!


I got this little fella when I went to see a very special friend in Montana!



We spend a lot of time at St. Simons Island. Another good friend has a place there too. She gave me this oyster shell ornament! On the inside it says "time and tide wait for no one."


This is one of my favorite Santa Claus books from when I was a little girl. The illustrations in it are incredible. It was written in 1958.


Like snowflakes, my Christmas memories gather and dance -- each beautiful, unique and too soon gone. Deborah Whipp

Thank you for letting me share these special favorites of mine with you, before it is time to pack them away again till next year.

May beautiful moments and happy memories
surround you with joy this Christmas.

Happy Holidays,
Debbie
















No comments:

Post a Comment