Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Designing CATS......it is all about them!


In all fairness, since I did a post about dogs in Interior Design, I felt the cat
should get equal time. My husband and I have a great time watching
our neighbors cat, Jackson, as he suns, stalks, reclines and ignores us when we
call him or attempt to pet him. Having never had a cat, by watching
"Action Jackson," as my husband calls him. I am beginning to learn about
the cat personality.
 
 Never try to outstubborn a cat. - Robert A. Heinlein
 
 When I play with my cat, who knows if I am not a pastime to her more than she is to me? - Montaigne
 
 The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world. - Lynn M. Osband
 
 Cats are the ultimate narcissists. You can tell this by all the time they spend on personal grooming. Dogs aren't like this. A dog's idea of personal grooming is to roll in a dead fish. - James Gorman
 
 
 "The reason cats climb is so that they can look down on almost every
other animal...its also the reason they hate birds." - KC Buffington
 
 
 "As anyone who has ever been around a cat for any length of time well
knows, cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the
human mind."
  - Cleveland Amory
 
 "There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned
by cats." - Anonymous
 
 "A cat sees us as the dogs...A cat sees himself as the human."
 - Unknown




 

If we treated everyone we meet with the same affection we bestow upon
our favorite cat, they, too, would purr. - Martin Buxbaum
 
 Most cats, when they are Out want to be In, and vice versa, and often
simultaneously. - Louis F. Camuti, DVM
 
 A cat is there when you call her - if she doesn't have something better
 to do.- Bill Adler
 
 
"If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would
deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain 
 
 Most beds sleep up to six cats. Ten cats without the owner.
- Stephen Baker
 
 "Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to
you later." - Mary Bly
 
 
 "Even overweight, cats instinctively know the cardinal rule: when fat,
arrange yourself in slim poses." - John Weitz
 
 "One must love a cat on its own terms."- Paul Gray




 
Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask
for what you want. - Joseph Wood Krutch
 

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never
forgotten this." - Anonymous
 
 I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its
visible soul. - Jean Cocteau
 
 
 "I put down my book, The Meaning of Zen, and see the cat smiling into her
fur as she delicately combs it with her rough pink tongue.
Cat, I would lend you this book to study but it appears you have already
read it. She looks up and gives me her full gaze.
Don't be ridiculous, she purrs, I wrote it.
- from "Miao" by Dilys Laing 


 
After doing this cat research I have deducted that certain house rules should
apply to the cat....it really is all about them!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment