Sunday, October 1, 2017

Orange You Glad It is Fall Y'all!




No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth,
but at times it felt like I did! But I am back
and ready for FALL! 
*If you want to know what I have been up to, 
be sure and sign up for my newsletter
on the right-hand side of the page. 
The October issue will be out soon!

I love the Autumn months! 
As all good girls raised in the South say,
It is Fall Y'all! 

Discover ADAC took place last week and I went down on the 27th. 
My favorite program of the day featured Frances Schultz (L) 
She discussed her book "The Bee Cottage Story--How I Made a Muddle
of Things and Decorated My Way Back to Happiness. 
She is a very entertaining speaker! 

James Farmer, pictured with Katie Miner the ADAC general manager, 
was also there and he signed his newest book. 
I was disappointed he didn't do a presentation. I have heard
him speak several times and always enjoy his
down home personality!

The day wrapped up at the preview of Fifty-Eight Interiors. This is a new
ADAC Showroom and is co-owned by Bryan Kirkland and Gainesville's 
own, Jill Mansfield.

Now on to October!
Things are busy in the Design World during the Fall.
The High Point Furniture Market is this month. 

The Color Marketing Group* of North America said that "a sharp orange-red,

will emerge in 2017. Attitude makes an audacious statement 

whether searing in full-on color in furnishings,

as a quirky accent piece or supporting other bright hues in a print. 
The bold hue is modern and sleek, and creates energy in velvet, 
voluptuousness in silk, and air cheating slickness in high gloss.
A color that declares strenght and daring, it marries well with
many other colors, from muted olive and plum to sharp blue and yellow.

From furniture, accessories, paint, and carpets 




to pumpkins, wreaths, flowers and much more of 
outside decor! 



Orange You Glad it is Fall Y'all!

EMAIL READERS:

Click on the title of the post in Coral (at the top) to view this post online. You can see recent posts, other blogs I like, my archives and the links I post on the right sidebar. Some things do not translate as well in email. If you see there is a problem just click over. It is a more enjoyable reading experience. Thank you so much for following my blog. There is also a sign-up link available to receive this blog by email and another one to sign up for my newsletter Southern~Design~Style..

source: Pinterest, ADAC, Atlanta Homes, and Lifestyles, The Color Marketing Group

No comments:

Post a Comment