Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Which One???? Print vs Digital

I love to read! I finally got a Kindle this year for Christmas and I really enjoy it when I travel and for going places where I have to wait ( Doctor's Offices) But I haven't given up on my hardback books. I am not very fond of paperbacks. The verdict remains out on magazines. There is something about being able to hold a magazine. Pick it up when I have time and flip through it. Mark pages with my colored post it flags. These are easier to find later than dog eared pages! I have a huge collection of torn out pages in my Interior Design swipe file. I just don't like reading magazines on my computer. I personally feel that print is not dead. I think there is a need for both types of magazines. I am going to share links to my top ten digital publications. Post a comment and let me know what you think!



                     http://www.lonnymag.com/issues/28-may-June-2011-issue/pages/1


















These online magazines are best viewed with a full screen. You can zoom in and out as you need to get a better look. A feature that is necessary, but that I don't like.  Just to much "clicking." All of these are chocked full of great pictures and articles. It is best to look at them on your computer. If you try to download most of these magazines, they will take a very long time. You could run out and buy the print edition and be back home before your download is complete! Most are free, including their back issues. Southern Flourish
is by subscription. It does have a good article about Gena Knox. Gena will be the June Speaker for Women Source.
Women Source is an organization in Gainesville, Georgia for Northeast Georgia Women. Gena will be the guest speaker on Thursday, June 2nd and I highly suggest you make a reservation and come find out more about this great organization and some amazing women!

Don't forget.....let me know what you think. Are print magazines on the way out? Also which one of my top ten magazines did you like the best. There are a number of new fashion and other lifestyle magazines out in a digital format. But that is a topic for another day!












No comments:

Post a Comment