Monday, June 25, 2012

Flower Power

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful;
they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.

I love flowers! Spring and Summer are special because of all the wonderful
blossom that are available to bring inside or enjoy outside. How can you not
help but feel happy when you look at a flower blooming!
Come join me and I will share some of the
flowers that are making me "happy" around my house!

Outside my front door




Flowers don't worry about how they're going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful.
Jim Carrey


I love geraniums

Can you smell the gardenias?




I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.
Claude Monet


These were blooming by the mailbox.


I love to mix herbs with cut flowers for the filler.
(Anslee, I love my vase you gave me)




I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
Emma Goldman






These hydrangeas started out from a cutting. They are HUGE now!




Can we conceive what humanity would be if it did not know the flowers?
Maurice Maeterlinck




Sometimes just green is nice!




God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.
Author Unknown

Orchids are my favorite inside plant

I like to take them outside during the summer months

Polka Dot Beauty


Orchids like to breath. They need a pot like this with good air flow.


Art is the unceasing effort to compete with the beauty of flowers - and never succeeding.
Gian Carlo Menotti


Flower Pots are so much more appealing to the eye, if they have
mixed plantings.


Gardening requires lots of water - most of it in the form of perspiration.
Lou Erickson 


This little fellow stays busy clipping herbs.

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes.
Author Unknown


Johnny found this unusual hummingbird feeder. It sits
in a plant I got several years ago in Mt. Brook, Al.
It is called a hummingbird plant and reseeds itself each year.


Gardens are a form of autobiography.
Sydney Eddison, Horticulture magazine


I bought these succulents this year when I went to Mount Brook, Al. for
the decorator showhouse. Showhouse blog post They are planted in
an old birdbath.


A fox is a wolf who sends flowers.
Ruth Brown

Mr Tortoise is slow and lazy. Kinda like I am when it is in the 90's!


Children in a family are like flowers in a bouquet: there's always one determined to face in an opposite direction from the way the arranger desires.
Marclene Cox 
This pot of fern and pot of herbs both made it through our mild winters of
the past few years.


Arranging a bowl of flowers in the morning can give a sense of quiet in a crowded day - like writing a poem or saying a prayer.
Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Remember the gardenia bush earlier in this post? Well here is where
they went after they were picked!


I hope you have enjoyed my home and garden tour!
What can you find to pick outside
to bring in?

No comments:

Post a Comment