Sunday, April 14, 2013

Designs on Gatsby and the 1920's



Have you ever wanted to live in another era? When would you choose? 
In 1974, when I saw the movie The Great Gatsby
I knew I would have loved the Roaring Twenties!


Just look at the clothes and those cars!

"coz every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man"

Gatsby loved his monogram!


The 2013 version of Gatsby is coming to theaters on May 10th.
F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel "The Great Gatsby" deals with 
the failure of the great American dream.  I hope that
this movie does justice to the Gold Coast and the 
opulent interior design style of the Jazz Age.


One of my favorite scenes in the 1974 movie was Daisy and Gatsby's
beautiful pastel shirts.





They have really "glammed up" Gatsby's closet for the shirt
toss in the new movie!

This was the time of the Roaring Twenties and they did like 
to party on a grand scale!




Catherine Martin, the wife of Baz Luhrmann who is the director of the new
movie, created 42 sets. It took 14 weeks to create Gatsby's mansion.

Gatsby's home was based on Oheka Castle

Daisy's  home was designed after Old Westbury Gardens


Gatsby's bedroom

Daisy's sitting room

I can hardly wait to see more of these incredible sets! 

 I love this cottage that Nick, the movie narrator, rents from 
his cousin Daisy. 

Anyone ready to go to the movies in May?

*If you love spoilers, go here to watch the trailers:

I think I finally got my comments working, so you can share your thoughts 
with me. 
I would love to hear what you have to say about each blog.
Please leave a comment below!


source: Pinterest, Architectural Digest, ZZ Top, ask.com

No comments:

Post a Comment